Now that we know that Christmas is likely to be back on I thought I’d give us all some tips on how to save money this year with deals, discounts, vouchers and coupons!
Here are my top 7 tips for money saving gifts. Some of these offers only last until Friday (Black Friday) so look quick and take advantage of that to do your Christmas shopping in plenty of time.
- Argos have a 50% discount on many products including technical and small appliances so for instance, an Amazon speaker with Alexa is just £18.99.no special codes needed – just go to their web site for Black Friday deals.
- The web site www.buyagift.co.uk has up to 60% off many items in their Black Friday deal. They also have a £10 gift voucher if you sign up for their newsletter. They offer products and experiences.
- If you sign up to www.wowcher.co.uk you will get access to regular deals and today I saw a Bonsai starter kit for £9 and a rose watch for £99 – so something for all tastes and pockets. They also have a Christmas chocolate box with a personalised card for £19.
- If you want to buy books have a look at www.bookdepository.com as they have special deals every day this week with discounts.
- All major retailers have deals at the moment: check out Amazon, Boots and M&S. Boots have some amazing packaged gift sets with the set costing less than the combine contents would normally. For instance a number 7 packaged beauty collection set costs £35 compared to £103 for the individual items.
- If you want to buy children’s toys the cheapest place is still likely to be the supermarket and for instance Morrisons have up to 50% off major toy ranges from Peppa Pig to Avengers figures.
- For toys it’s also worth checking out The Entertainer – web site is thetoyshop.co.uk – as they have a price guarantee running until the 24th December where they will give you an e-gift card for the difference if you find the price of any toy cheaper elsewhere.
- Watch the Christmas deals predictor on the moneysavingexpert.com web site. They give predictions of forthcoming deals and when they are likely to be available so you might be better to wait. They got 89% of their predictions right – or almost – last year.
- If you want to check any Amazon deal go to uk.camelcamelcamel.com and they list Amazon’s price history so before you buy a deal on Amazon check that it really is a deal!
- Check gift comparison sites – look at hotukdeals.com – as they do all the hard work and trawl the web for the best deals. This is ideal for now as we can’t browse or window shop along our high street or retail park